Our work is grounded in the following 10 principles:
- Develop an intimate familiarity with the history and geography of the places in which we are working
- Understand the needs and aspirations of current and future residents or users.
- Work at multiple scales at once, including region, city, district, block and lot, to thoroughly understand the potential implications of specific proposals.
- Draw on a broad range of precedents and best practices from across Canada and around the world.
- Facilitate a meaningful exchange of ideas between our clients, the people affected by our projects and other stakeholders.
- Work with with key stakeholders as part of the planning process.
- Integrate the planning, design, environmental, engineering and social science disciplines.
- Achieve the triple bottom line by combining environmental responsibility with social progress and solid economic returns.
- Identify pragmatic, affordable solutions that address short-, medium-, and long-term needs.
- Recognize that good development is good business.
The result has been a number of groundbreaking, award-winning projects realized in Ontario, across Canada and around the world.